Foodicinal is a community of nutrition professionals (dietitian’s) that provide research-based nutrition information and nourishing recipes for people to improve their health.
1. First we provide the nutrition information, to feed the mind. We educate people about the health benefits of many foods, and the role they may play in various conditions. We share the research, discussing what the evidence is, and why it’s important.
2. Then we provide the recipes, to feed the body. Knowledge is essential, but turning that knowledge into action is where the real change happens. The recipes and culinary section is the link between the data and the change. We share how healthy foods can be easily incorporated into peoples lives, without sacrificing the flavor!
- To educate our community about important nutrition-related research
- To make a difference in people’s lives by connecting important nutrition information with applicable culinary interventions
- To inspire people to incorporate healthy foods into their diet
- To transform people’s health by using food as medicine
- To be pioneers in the health field, using a nutrition first approach
Our Editorial Review Process
- All articles are written by our team of Registered Dietitians who have a master’s degree in nutrition sciences.
Dietitian are experts in the field of nutrition who have earned a nutrition degree from an accredited university and completed a dietetic internship, providing 1000+ hours of clinical, food service & community experiences.
- All articles and recipes are reviewed by dietitian peers to ensure scientific accuracy, proper citations, quality of the information, proper inclusion of science-based health claims, and accurate nutrition facts.
- All scientific claims and research mentions are linked to the appropriate research articles for transparency and accuracy.
- All recipes contains nutrition facts, to provide detailed macronutrient and micronutrient data for each recipe.
A short introduction to your team members and why their background should inspire potential clients’ confidence.
Kerri Louati MS, RD, LD, CDE
Founder & Functional Dietitian
Meet The Founder
Hi! I'm Kerri.
I founded foodicinal to fuel my mission, which is promoting food as a therapeutic tool to improve people’s health. I’m a registered & licensed dietitian and have an extensive background in integrative and functional medicine.
I’m a foodie at heart and strongly believe that eating healthy food does not need to be a compromise or a sacrifice. We can still LOVE what we eat while optimizing our health.
I have time and time again witnessed the power that a healthy diet has on transforming people’s health. I’m here to help you do the same!
Some fun facts about my experience….
- Registered & Licensed Dietitian since 2010
- Bachelor’s of science from Bastyr University
- Master’s degree in Nutrition & Functional Medicine
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Expert in Functional Lab Interpretation: Worked at a functional lab where I educated other healthcare practitioners on how to interpret labs & created educational curriculum for the lab
- Founder of Kerr Nutrition (nutrition private practice)
- Founder of Feeding Fixer
- Real food/whole food culinary expert
- Mother of 3 (amazing kids)
- Coffee lover, nature enthusiast, traveller, and foodie!
Are you interested in 1:1 nutrition counseling?
If you would like to take a deeper dive into your health and address your specific nutrition needs, you can book an appointment with Kerri Louati MS, RD, LD, CDE. The link below will direct you to her private nutrition practice at Kerr Nutrition.